Don’t Forget to Shred These Documents Too!
Information has always held high value to certain people depending on the information and how much value it had. In today’s world, consumer information has become a highly valuable commodity in the eyes of identity thieves who know how to use such information to their advantage.
For consumers who are less educated about the risks of leaking their sensitive information, it can be difficult to know which information is worth protecting, and how much damage can be caused by allowing even some everyday documents to the wrong person. Consider, for example, a standard employment resume. Resumes tend to include information that can give someone a brief summary of your entire career and skill set; where you have worked in the past, what skills you have, perhaps even which hobbies you maintain. Resumes also tend to include plenty of contact information including phone numbers, email addresses, and physical addresses where, perhaps, even more sensitive documents can be located. That’s quite a bit of information from a seemingly common type of document!
Which Documents Should I Worry About?
At this point you might be wondering what other types of documents can contain revealing information that is worth protecting. The general answer is that any documents containing signatures, social security numbers, any type of account numbers, medical or legal information require special care before being recycled or otherwise disposed of.
Some documents that can contain such information include:
- ATM receipts
- Bank statements
- Expired passports and ID cards
- Legal documents
- Tax forms
- Utility bills
- Canceled and voided checks
- Credit card statements and applications
- Luggage tags and boarding passes
- Address labels
- Medical, veterinarian and dental records
- Report cards
- Pay stubs and employment records
- Expired driver’s license and other ID cards
So, What Should I Do?
The goal is to ensure that documents containing revealing information are either stored safely or disposed in such a manner that information cannot be gathered from them. No matter your needs, National Records Centers has the services to help you protect your data;
- Our secure document and retrieval services are designed for those who require secure storage of documents or records containing sensitive data. Our team has the skill and expertise to ensure that documents are well maintained, highly secured, and accessible when you need them.
- Secure shredding services from NRC will ensure that your documents are destroyed to among the highest standards in the land; leaving them unrecognizable and impossible to restore. This results in permanent and secure data destruction.
We offer services right on site and can also provide secure shredding bins and consoles for clients to store their redundant documents in until shredding time arrives.
Talk to us today to get started on protecting your data!